A Martin City woman died in a house fire Thursday afternoon. Her name has not been released.
Firefighters from Martin City, Hungry Horse and Bad Rock and Coram-West Glacier all responded to the scene about 2:30 p.m. The house was completely engulfed in flames when the call went out.
Martin City Fire Chief Tom Torpen said the fire appears to have started from a wood stove. The womanís body was found near a door, he said, but neighbors noted it was an entryway that wasnít normally used by the family.
The home was completely destroyed in the flames. About 20 firefighters responded to the scene. Torpen said fire investigators were also examining the scene.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.